Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

Family Friday Recipe - Graham Cracker Crisp

This is my cousin Barbara's recipe.  Barb is just the nicest person.  I always think there are two kinds of people: those who can be nice when others are around; you know what I mean, people who show a good "social face."  My cousin Barb is the other type of person:  nice even when no one is looking, probably especially when no one is looking!  Supportive, sweet, generous and always smiling--the epitome of a kind soul and gentle spirit! 

Barb brought a panful of these crisps to our Spring-time open house, probably 15 years ago.  They are so yummy, I asked for the recipe, which she sent in the mail the next week.  And I'll tell you, at that time, I didn't cook at all!  Since then, of course, I've turned into someone who enjoys cooking.  But these are still easy to make and mmm, mmm, good!


Graham Cracker Crisp

--Line cookie sheet with foil, spray with PAM.  Line foil with graham cracker squares.

--Heat oven to 350 degrees. 

--In a sauce pan, melt:
one stick butter
one stick margarine

--Add 1/2 cup sugar.  Boil three minutes.  Pour over top of crackers, spreading and covering evenly. 

--Sprinkle top with one cup chopped pecans or other chopped nuts.  Bake 10 to 13 minutes at 350 degrees.

--Remove from oven.  While still warm, but firm, cut and break into rectangles!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment