Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas is Coming, the Goose is Getting Fat!

I don't have to really tell anyone that Christmas will be here in a few days.  In addition to being busy with Christmas preparations, the number of blog posts appearing on my Reader has decreased a bit in the past few days, so I'm getting caught up!

Hubby gets into the Christmas spirit, as do I, when we spend the day at Festival of Trees every year.  But he doesn't start getting really excited about the holiday until about December 23rd.  So, maybe at breakfast this morning, or later today, or in a day or two, I can expect him to begin singing this nursery rhyme from his childhood...

Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat,
Please put a penny in the old man's hat.
If you haven't got a penny, a ha'penny will do
If you haven't got a ha'penny, then God bless you!




Image Courtesy of
http://thedoodleplace.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment